Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Revamping New Beginnings

New Look! Woo!
My very first 'go' at self publishing was a collection of short stories called New Beginnings, which has been on Amazon since February 2011, and over the past few days, I've had a new cover done for the ebook, and I've gone out of KDP Select with this title, so that I can make it ...
Permanently Free
 
It may take a day or so for the new cover to replace the previous - uh - snowdrop cover, but this is what will be there when it updates.
Over the next week or two, New Beginnings will start populating through the ebook retailers with a free price tag, and eventually Amazon will also make it free.
 
I'm delighted to do a reveal here - I've got my very own Jimmy Thomas cover, and I couldn't be happier with it!
 
I normally commission custom artwork, but broke with my usual cover tradition this time the moment that I saw this pre-made cover on Ramona Lockwood's site:
 
As New Beginnings is a collection of three very different short stories, I couldn't choose a specific look for the cover, but I think the couple and the pose, echoed by the pleasing use of curves in the typeface do exactly what I wanted them to.
 
I think Ramona did a great job, do click on the link to her website above and have a look at her other work!
 
New Beginnings will be available free on Amazon and everywhere else in a couple of weeks. But if you absolutely can't wait and must have it now - it'll cost 99c!

2 comments: