Lacey Devlin has given me the Happy Cupcake Award. Very apt, because what's not to like about Cupcakes? They certainly make me happy anyway.
It comes at a good time for me too. As you know, I've blogged about re-doing edits and sending off a manuscript recently, and since then I've received another request for a full for a different manuscript. The lovely editor gave me lots of pointers for things to look out for before sending it to her, so I've been polishing and refining it ready for sending it off this week. As a result, I've been mostly silent in my usual channels. Reading emails quickly, scanning blogs and not commenting as much as usual, and more of less total twitter silence.
I need a cupcake. Or a plateful. So thank's Lacey!
Anyway, apparently there are a few things I need to do to get this award. The official rules are:
1. Copy the award image into a post
2. List 10 things that make you happy
3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
4. Link to their blogs.
5. Notify the award recipients.
6. Award recipients link back to sender’s blog.
So here goes. I've done number 1. Here are the 10 things that make me happy.
1. Having a good time with my family.
2. Chocolate. Any type, I'm not fussy...
3. Writing. Also any type, I'm not fussy...
4. Hot, sunny summers. Preferably with long cold drinks thrown in.
5. Beautiful cities. I'm thinking of Valetta, because its gorgeous and underrated.
6. The bounce and feedback from all my blog friends. They make my day!
7. Online courses. I love 'em so much I'm addicted.
8. Mondays, because that's the day my friend comes over with a cream cake, and we eat and gossip.
9. Pruning fan trained trees. Strange but true.
10. Making jewellery. Especially with swarovski. Bling it on.
Now for those bloggers who make my day. Lacey's already given most of them a cupcake award, so I'll try and spread the love a bit wider:
1. Ally Blake
2. Trish Wylie
3. Maisey Yates
4. Romy Sommer
5. Maya Blake
6. Heidi Rice
7. India Grey
8. B.J. Daniels
9. Caroline Storer
10. Suzanne Brandyn
Happy March, everyone!