Friday, January 15, 2010

Kreativ Blog Award!


I'm thrilled to announce that Maisey Yates has nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award! I'd like to thank Maisey, and to encourage anyone who hasn't been following her excellent blog to mosey on over and take a look at her inspirational blog.

Apparently I'm supposed to reveal 7 little know facts about myself, so here goes!
1. As well as living in Ireland, I've lived in England, Africa and Singapore.
2. I live in a 245 year old house that's been in my husbands family since it was built.
3. I also write mysteries.
4. I once wanted to be a stuntwoman, before I realised I was both unathletic and a scaredy-cat.
5. I used to run Apple Ireland's training centre.
6. I can't juggle. (Surprised?)
7. I met my husband when I was fifteen.

Now I have to nominate 7 cyberspace friends, whose blogs I admire, so here they are:

1. Lorraine Wilson - a haven of calm and good advice - and funny. That's a given!
2. Alison Wells - a fellow Irish blogger, with lots to say.
3. Joanne Cleary - Romantic and determined, what a combination!
4. Vanessa O'Loughlin - Aka Sam Blake. A font of useful information, and a great friend...
5. Trish Wylie - Without whom I wouldn't be blogging!
6. Lacey Devlin - Chocolate addict with a beaver suit.
7. Kristi Thompson - For the internet's first blog-com. Part blog, part sitcom.

And for new Kreative fellow bloggers, these are the rules:


1- Thank the person who awarded you
2- Copy the logo and paste it on your blog
3- Link to the person who nominated you for the award
4- Name (up to 7) things about yourself that people might find interesting
5- Nominate (up to 7) other Kreativ Bloggers
6- Post links to the blogs you nominate
7- Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they’ve been nominated

8 comments:

  1. Ha! Kudos to you for finding the actual rules...how lazy am I?

    Love your facts. LOL on the stunt woman aspirations. Doesn't it suck when you realize things like that? I used to want to be a police officer until I realized there was lots of running (I'm also very unathletic...) and people shoot at you.

    Best thing about being a writer? We can be whoever we want at any given time with the help of our characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maisey - yup, that's the great thing about writing. I'm jumping off tall buildings in my mind,just as you're shouting 'freeze!' in yours! Thanks again for the nomination, it made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I don't know if I did mine by the rules either! Love your facts, Sally. Cool that your house is so old and been in the family so long! I don't think there are even houses in NZ that go back 245 years! I may be wrong of course...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great facts, Sally - and congratulations on your award.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! Congrats and thanks for the nom Sally :)

    I'm so jealous of your house and I'd love to hear what it's like to meet your husband at fifteen. I can't even remember being fifteen lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I's still stuck on the 245 year old house that's been in the family all that time. I'm with Jackie, no 245 year old houses in OZ - well considering settlement started in 1788.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow love the sound of the house. 245 years old. I love old houses. Are their ghosts? lol I'm dying to know more about the house Sally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone, thanks for all the comments! I always try to keep quiet about the house, it's a real scene stealer (I should give it its own blog). It drinks oil like an ocean liner, has no ghosts, and has an 18th century archive which is the inspiration for my crime writing. Okay, last thing about the house, the wallpaper in the drawing room was last replaced in 1830. Makes redecorating easy, I'm forbidden to do it!

    ReplyDelete