Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A contract!

This week has been a good one, from an unexpected source. I currently have two fulls out for evaluation, a partial out to M&B as well as 2 competition entries and have been checking (rather obsessively, I admit it!) my email and having all sorts of "We love it" fantasies.
Imagine, then, my surprise to receive a contract via email for a short story that I sent off hopefully 14 months ago and had completely forgotten about. After a stunned silence (rare, those) for a couple of minutes, I signed on the dotted line and sent it back. Not what I was expecting, but publication nonetheless! So here's to me, I'm off to buy some chocolate to celebrate... and will post more when I get a publication date. So far its just enough to say I'll be featuring in New Love Stories Magazine (a New York Magazine) some time in 2010.

7 comments:

  1. Woo hoo :-)

    Well done Sally, really pleased for you. May it be a sign of things to come...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sally - amy it be the first of many... Take care. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm bouncing around in excitement with you Sally! Congrats! Let the chocolate and champagne flow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete